In Elden Ring, the game’s first act is free and open to all players. However, in Act 2 you’ll need a paid account subscription or use of an item called “Stone Breaker.” Stone Breaker is obtained through either paying for the game on Steam or by buying it directly from our website. The issue with this design choice was that we had originally designed Act 1 without space limitations and were able to create unlimited items such as “Stone Breakers,” but when introducing these new restrictions into Act 1, performance began suffering significantly for many PC players.,
Elden Ring stuttering on PC was not fixed by the most recent game patch? The Reddit members are still debating and claiming that the Elden ring is stuttering and that the game’s FPS is dropping dramatically.
The framerate drops dramatically while playing in an open environment or battling bosses, producing delays and poor performance. We already discussed Elden Ring Crashing on PC and Elden Ring Not Launching.
We’ve covered the best ways to cure Elden Ring stuttering on PC in this article.
IN Windows 11, 10, and 7, UPDATE YOUR DRIVER
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
What is the minimum System Prerequisite for Elden Ring?
It’s a good idea to double-check your PC requirements before attempting the remedies listed below. Is Elden Ring supported by your current PC hardware? When you have inadequate hardware, the game stutters or the FPS lowers in most circumstances. You should consider upgrading your gaming computer.
|OS||Windows 10 is the latest version of Microsoft’s operating (64-bit)||Windows 10 is the latest version of Microsoft’s operating (64-bit)|
|CPU||Ryzen 3 3300X/Intel i5 8400||Ryzen 5 3600X or Intel i7 8700K|
|RAM||12 GB||12 GB|
|GPU||Radeon RX 580 or Geforce GTX 1060||AMD Vega 56 8 GB or Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB|
|HDD||60 GB||60 GB|
How to repair stuttering and fps loss in Elden Ring on PC
To repair Elden Ring stuttering on PC, use the solutions listed below. Don’t try all of them at once; instead, work your way down the list until you discover the one that works for you.
1. Make changes to your graphics card’s settings.
However, the game’s creators have published a patch to solve the stuttering of Elden Ring. Some gamers allege that instead of addressing the Elden ring FPS decreases, the problem has become worse.
If the problem remains despite having the most recent build (RTX 3090, Core i9-10900K, or GeForce GTA 1080 Ti), try adjusting the graphics settings.
Change these settings if you’re using NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Select Manage 3D Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Shader Cache Size should be set to Unlimited in Global Settings.
- Apply the changes.
- On the same page, choose the Program Settings tab, then Add.
- Add the game manually by clicking Browse (installation hard drive/Steam/steamapps/common/Elden Ring/Game/eldenring.exe) or from recently used applications.
- Prefer Maximum Performance in the Power Management Mode.
- Set the Max Frame Rate to 59 frames per second.
- Apply the changes.
Change these settings if you’re running AMD Radeon Software.
- Select the Graphics tab from the Settings menu.
- Set Frame Rate Target Control to 59 fps in Advanced.
- Select Radeon Chill and adjust the Max fps to 59 fps if you don’t see Frame Rate Target Control.
- Select Reset Shader Cache from the drop-down menu.
- Apply the changes.
Stuttering in loading zones may be fixed by setting a manual FPS restriction. There will be a little dip in FPS in the open world, but it will be modest.
2. Make sure your graphics card is up to date.
When you play Elden Ring on PC, you may experience stuttering due to outdated or damaged graphics drivers. To repair the FPS dip in Elden Ring, you need upgrade your graphics drivers.
Each graphics card manufacturer produces game-specific drivers, which you may manually download from the NVIDIA and AMD websites.
If you don’t have the necessary skills or time, we propose that you install Driver Easy on your computer. It’s any powerful driver updater program for Windows 10, Windows 11 and other operating systems.
Run Driver Easy once you’ve downloaded and installed it on your computer. It will show you a list of outdated drivers in a matter of seconds. Simply hit the Update All button, and this application will update your PC’s outdated drivers for you.
Download the Driver Easy Trial Version for Windows PC to give it a go.
3. Verify the game file
Elden Ring Stuttering on PC may also be caused by damaged or misplaced game files. You should use the Steam client to check the game file. Steam will look for and replace any damaged game files throughout this procedure.
To ensure Elden Ring’s integrity, Take the following steps:
- Select the Library tab on your Steam client after launching it.
- From the game list, right-click Elden Ring and choose Properties.
- Select LOCAL FILES and then Verify game file integrity.
4. Disable the Steam overlay.
To improve the game’s performance, players utilize an in-game or steam overlay. In most situations, the impacts are negative; if you have Steam overlay enabled, turn it off to repair Elden Ring Stuttering on PC.
To deactivate Steam overlay, Take the following steps:
- Open Steam and go to the Library tab.
- Right-click Elden Ring in the game list and choose Properties.
- Untick the box on the General tab. While in-game, turn on the Steam Overlay.
Now restart the game to check whether the stuttering has gone away and the FPS has dropped.
5. Turn off the Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator.
Disabling the Microsoft association root enumerator, according to several players, corrected the Elden Ring stuttering on PC. This fix should also be applied; if it does not work, you may re-enable it.
Take the following steps:
- To open the Run command, use the Windows logo key + R.
- Now enter devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
- To open the category, double-click Software devices.
- Disable device by right-clicking Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator.
Fix #6: Turn off the control flow guard.
Disabling this feature may help Elden Ring run faster and more efficiently. If you do it worldwide, though, you may be at danger.
The control flow guard for eldenring.exe may be disabled using the steps below.
- Open Virus & threat protection.
- Go to Apps & browser control.
- Toggle Program Settings under Exploit Protection Settings.
- Select the + sign. To personalize a program, choose Add by program name.
- Paste Eldenring.exe into a new window and scroll down to Control flow guard (CFG).
- Check the Override system settings in this section.
- Click Yes, then Apply.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you fix stutters and FPS drops?
A: There are a couple of things you can do to improve the performance on your PC. Firstly, make sure that all the graphics settings in-game are set to low or off (this will save resources). Secondly, try downloading these two programs and using them:
Why are my frames dropping in Elden ring?
A: The Elden ring is a high-end VR experience. High-end performance means higher graphics and more intense games, so you might want to turn down your settings if framerates are dropping for you in this game.
How do I fix my Elden ring PC stutter?
A: There are a few quick fixes that can be done to ensure your framerate is smooth.
-Adjusting the graphic settings on many games, including Beat Saber PSVR, will improve performance and visuals. This includes turning off MSAA or LOD Bias in options menus.-If youre running any mods that modify game files, such as OpenIV for GTA 5 PC may have broken something with Elden Ring so uninstalling it might fix the issue.